TFX International is the leader for vehicle shipping in Canada and to and from the USA. Our start was humble, our progress has been remarkable, and we still work hard today to uphold the values that were important to us since our inception.
How It All Began
In 1981, Wally Horodnyk became a partner in a company that provided freight brokerage services to companies throughout Canada and the US.
One day Wally was approached by a member of his sales team who asked if he could facilitate a move for a single car from Flint, Michigan to Toronto, Ontario. Wally used a single-vehicle trailer and his own Ford F250 to make the move; and that was when TFX International Specialized Vehicle Transport was officially born.
After a few short months and further research into the industry, Wally saw more than 400 inquiries for moving vehicles and because vehicle shipping options in Canada were so sparse, he decided to dedicate himself to building the vehicle transport business.
TFX International—Important Milestones
- 1988 to 1996 - TFX continued to grow, but we still operated as a small vehicle transport division in Canada. TFX officially operated five trucks and five trailers.
- 1996 - Jacqui Macnally took over the day-to-day operations of the division and started exploring the company’s potential, thus proving that TFX International Specialized Vehicle Transport was a leader in the industry.
- 1998 - The company saw huge change. Wally, the founder, parted with his partner in freight brokerage and focused solely on moving vehicles. Jacqui Macnally chose to stay with TFX during the transition from TFX being a division of a larger entity to becoming an independent Specialized Vehicle Transporter. The company stated to flourish and grew exponentially.
- 2005 - Adam, Wally’s son, joins the team full-time.
- 2012 – Jacqui Retires and Adam becomes Vice President of TFX International and a new generation of TFX employees and executives were introduced to the industry.
- 2014 – TFX adds an additional 15 state of the art customized trailers to its fleet bringing it to a fleet of 27 units
A Trusted Leader in Auto Shipping
TFX International started from a very humble beginning. Wally, the son of Ukrainian immigrants, has worked hard his entire life. It has been his goal to build the best vehicle transport company in Canada and today, he still works hard to continue the legacy he started for his family as his son Adam steps in to lead the company into the future.
Whether you need to move a fleet of vehicles or a specialty vehicle to an auction or show, we provide car shipping services across Canada and to and from the United States. Call TFX International at 888-415-3158 or request a free quote online today!